Boston-based V.P./Sr. Director Accounting & Controller
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the V.P./Sr. Director Accounting & Controller is a significant leadership position within Noema Pharma and will play a significant role in building and managing the Finance team which will be located in both the U.S. and Switzerland. Responsible for all accounting operations, to include the production of periodic financial reports, implementation and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and establishing a comprehensive set of financial controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that finance operations are in compliance with all relevant standards.
- Leads the accounting team within the Finance department by establishing a clear plan and objectives consistent with the overall goals of the Company
- Motivates the team to consistently achieve goals within the function, and to improve the operations of the team at-large as well as the development of individuals within the department.
- Develop strong partnerships with other functions, to be viewed as a trusted business partner across the organization.
- Viewed by the CFO and executive team as a strategic thinker, combining analytical ability and judgement with an understanding of the Company’s broader objectives to provide insight and drive decision-making.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the timely, accurate, and insightful analysis and reporting of financial information to the CFO and key stakeholders across the company.
- Lead the company’s activities with the external auditors, as well as quarterly, annual and other standard reporting requirements.
- Drive the adoption of common processes and standards across the company and seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting.
- Establish best practices for the accounting function working with both the US and Swiss teams
- Work collaboratively to establish and/or support Tax, Treasury, and other functions that are required for proper financial reporting and to drive the overall organization forward.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and company accounting policies and practices
- Design, lead and report on internal testing of key accounting procedures
- Engage and manage a third party for implementation of new accounting policies, procedures and controls that are important to support company growth
- Communicate regular updates to CFO and Audit Committee on internal financial controls
- Design & lead ERP system implementation.
- Manage payroll processes.
- Prepare financial materials and Board and Audit Committee presentations.
- Manage the company’s cash-flow, including bank accounts and investment policy.
- Implement & manage purchasing to payables process, establish and maintain appropriate DoA.
- Relevant experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves environment; previous biotechnology or healthcare experience is a plus
- Over 10 years of progressive, relevant financial leadership experience, including the management of teams, ideally employees who are geographically dispersed.
- Public company reporting experience required; IPO experience a plus but not required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, audit experience and/or a CPA are a plus
- Unquestioned integrity and professional standards.
If you are interested in this position please email our HR department with your resume and cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org